Pacific Quorum (Okanagan) Properties, one of BC’s largest locally-owned and operated Property Management companies, is looking to add an experienced Accounting Manager to our growing team.
The Accounting Manager is assigned to meet the Strata Accounting service delivery needs of Pacific Quorum (Okanagan), through the efficient and effective management of the Strata Accountants. The role also includes some corporate responsibilities related to PQ Okanagan and supporting the VP of the Okanagan Region. Applicants must hold a valid Accounting Designation.
- Supervision of Property Accountants (Kelowna and region) Experience in Public Accounting preferred, with an ability to oversee a team that produces a large volume of monthly financials.
- As part of the Regional Management Team your role will also to advise on regional related accounting matters.
- Guide and assist Strata Managers on accounting issues.
- Hiring, training and ongoing development of Property Accountants.
- Drive a Positive Culture.
- Resolve escalated strata accounting issues.
- Train all new staff (including PMs and Admins) on Spectra and Financial Statement review.
- With respect to directly-assigned properties, fulfill all duties of the Property Accountant.
- Ensure compliance with the Strata Property Act, Real Estate Services Act, and Residential Tenancy Act within the region.
- Ensure accurate and complete corporate billing of services to clients according to contracts.
- Payroll and WorkSafe BC processing for regional staff and clients’ staff.
- Onboarding of new properties includes creating financials and training staff to assume these new clients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strata Accountants (Kelowna and region)
- Accounting Clerks and Reception (Kelowna and region)
- Vice President Responsible for the Okanagan Region
We are one of the largest locally-owned and operated property management companies in BC. With more than 100 staff, 30,000 units managed, and 8 offices across BC, we offer opportunity for growth and advancement for driven individuals with a strong work ethic!
We have received the Top Choice Award for Top Property Management Company in Vancouver for 9 consecutive years (2011 to 2019) and have been recognized by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years (2013 to 2019).
We provide a positive Culture, excellent holidays and Benefits Program. Salary to be based on experience.
Have we caught your attention? If you are interested or know of anyone else who would be interested, please submit your cover letter and resume, including Education and Qualifications along with your salary expectations.