Pacific Quorum (Okanagan) Properties, one of BC’s largest locally-owned and operated Property Management companies. We focus on our clients and employees and believe the work environment should be a place to learn, laugh and succeed. We have received the Top Choice Award for Top Property Management Company in Vancouver for 11 consecutive years (2011 to 2022) and have been recognized by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for 10 consecutive years.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BOOKKEEPER
Bookkeepers at Pacific Quorum are assigned to support Property Managers (PMs) and responsible for all accounting functions necessary for the operation of the PM’s portfolios. This candidate will join our team at our office in the heart of Kelowna, from 8:30 – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Full cycle accounting for 35+ residential strata corporations, 1,700+ units.
- Producing monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly and year-end journal entries, adjustments and accruals.
- Budgets – set up new budget following approval at the AGM.
- Conveyance reporting – provide the conveyance administrator with accurate unit information regarding fees, outstanding amounts, special levies, moves, auto-debits.
- Preparing journal entries, A/R and A/P reconciliations.
- Effectively communication with the Controller, Regional Manager, Property Managers, Administrators and Strata Council Members.
- Applying charges for late payment penalties and charge-backs.
- Providing financial and analytically assistance to Property Managers.
- Answering client inquiries through email or phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Our perfect candidate will be familiar with the Strata Property Act and Strata Accounting, or ability and willingness to learn such upon entering in to this position, in order to have a better understanding of Property Accounting and enhance their performance in this role.
- An understanding of GST and WCB remittance requirements
- Knowledge of PAD and invoice processing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, and must be good with numbers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel are necessary in order to successfully fill this role as they are used daily.
WHAT WE OFFER
Pacific Quorum takes work-life balance seriously. We value hard work, and offer employees compensation that reflects such:
- Manageable portfolios
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Extra personal days off
- Health and dental coverage
- Fun events throughout the year
- Room for career advancement
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Program
- Awards given to outstanding individuals at the end of the year
This position is full-time from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. If you think you would be a good fit for our Team in this role, please apply today!